Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Quilt with Secret Information Behind It

The Sunday New York Times Magazine last week had a short piece on Josiah McElheny, a sculptor inspired by the Big Bang Theory to create a series of installations. Some quotes from McElheny resonated with me. He described a piece as
sculpture with secret information behind it.
Later the article states
According to McElheny, physicists continue to struggle with the question "is the world this way because it must be, or is it just random?”
Previously, I'd worked on some paintings of raindrops that were asking similar questions about randomness. I've been contemplating creating some quilts exploring the same subject. Also combining the secret information and the unrandomness, I've been contemplating some quilts based on QR codes.

Click here to return to This is My Heart home page

No comments: