Friday, October 10, 2008

The Color of Heartache

Susanna Clarke describes colors amazingly in Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. For example on page 610 she writes,
The box was small and oblong and apparently made of silver and porcelain. It was a beautiful shade of blue, but then not exactly blue, it was more like lilac. But then, not exactly lilac either, since it had a tinge of grey in it. To be more precise, it was the color of heartache.
This has, of course, caused me to spend excessive amounts of time pondering my New Munsell Student Color Set for the color of heartache.

I've narrowed it down to somewhere between 5P 6/2 and 5PB 6/2. What do you think?

Click here to return to This is My Heart home page

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I doubt you'll see this but im thinking less grey more like the left colur and maybe lighter