Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mathematical Baby Quilt


I'm starting a quilt for the impending offspring of two math professors. I will be modifying a pattern from Mathematical Quilts by Diana Venters and Elaine Krajenke Ellison, a book originally recommended to me by my friend R.J. Trubitt. Given the fabrics in the above picture, can you guess on which mathematical concept the quilt pattern is based?

Huge thanks go to my friend Bridget for her very impressive fabric finding skills. She pulled the two key fabrics in this set from the depths of the flat fold stacks at M&L Fabrics in Anaheim. I should have taken a picture of these stacks so you can get an idea of how very impressive her fabric finding feat was.

Click here to return to This is My Heart home page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK so the fabrics are there, when does that math thing begin?

Sarah said...

Patience, little rabbit. :) Actually I'm already in progress on this one. The mathematicians guessed the correct inspirational mathematical concept with one try.